Friday, 26 November 2010
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
spot weld around the pieces to stop warping and to check you have it all straight before the final weld. i used oxey/acetylene which is a bitch to get the hang of. i hear tig is the best method. my tip if your using acetylene is to keep everything super clean and get busy with your flux
I scribed a line on using a tower made from an old hair styling product gel firm hold container. i was laughing all the way to the bank with this little money saving idea. HINT: slide the piece your scribing and leave your pen/scribe still. this insures an accurate line.
Wednesday, 3 November 2010
Ed Robert Photography is our little stop over to a beter place this week. This guy can take a sweet picture! To break the trip up ive chosen the seaside and girls. Hope this breaks reality for abit.
6. Masking tape was used to hold things together nice and straight to make tacking a piece of piss.
7. A pipe was selected the correct outside diameter to wrap some sheet metal around. This will create a beautiful tunnel.
8. Time to weld the petrol hole in. I stuck it up top like a petrol hole should be.
9. An old mudguard had its rib removed and this was brazed down the middle of the tank for a sexy love look.
10. Now time to dress up as a baby and wash the blood from the dogs of winter. Beware this procedure is intended for entertainment only. If you were to follow this step by step how-to, your eye balls would explode.
1. Ariel Colt tank found at a swap meet.
2. First job is to cut the middle out. This tank is cool because it has guide lines made into it.
3. Once you’ve cut the sides off use a flat surface to check your cutting is straight.
4. Now is a good time to hammer out the dents. Use sand paper on the rust inside to highlight the dents.
5. Next I brazed up the knee rubber holes.